Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New Home Tour

We've talked of it for years and we finally made the big plunge. When things are supposed to happen, they happen! We wanted a single story and a little land and now we are here. It's been a year now and my blogging has been sporadic with all the challenges of a move and big projects of building a workshop and a pool, and then there is life.... : )
Pinterest has brought many visitors to my blog, I am flattered and I wanted to get back to blogging because I love writing and sharing. I especially love to hear what others think of my style.
So today.... welcome to my new home. As I gathered photos, I realized the transformation that has taken place.
I love all the features of my home, but I had been transforming my other home to "somewhat shabby chic", and then with my Mediterranean new home came challenges to incorporate some things I really couldn't part with, along with family pieces into my new space. I would love to hear what you think? I had to approach this as adding a little "Italian Farmhouse" decor to include things I love. So come in and come back to see the transformation. 
This was the view shortly after we moved in. Not a lot has changed in the courtyard, just changing out plants after winter and things that survived getting bigger! The gardner in me loves this space, It is so fun to make it more beautiful.
When I moved in this was the beautiful morning view I had from our bedroom window. You can see all the plants out to the left brought from our other home, waiting patiently for their new place. They didn't know it at the time but it would be through a long harsh winter before they'd find their proper place.
This was taken from the bedroom window shortly after the sod and beds were placed. The plants are even larger now. :)
Here was the patio going into fall of last year. The sectional made a great place to cozy up by the fire all winter.
The sectional was moved to view the pool for summer. You can see our vintage steam table there in the distance. See what I mean about shabby coming over?
Looking back toward the house as tree removal began. 
After pool, flower beds and sod, it is becoming our new oasis.
I have lots more to share, I hope you come back, thank you for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous transformation. The interior of the room looks like a flaming beauty. You did really an awesome job Shirley. Love your Italian farmhouse decor ideas and landscaping. The patio with the sectional summer view can surely make a beauty lover spellbound and absentminded. The courtyard also got appealing for the plants, flower bed and long trees. This is absolutely a mind charming environment. I appreciate your beauty enhancing project. However, for gardening or landscaping job Folsom Landscaping might be the one stop place to stick to especially for the Folsom home owners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply it was an awesome tour to your lovely blog world Shirley. You made me so happy and inspired. I also feel envious travelling into your interior and exterior decoration. So colorful, super organized and enchanting environment- all I found here. Warm thanks for your excellent share. I also would like to recommend to the home loving guys in the GTA for installing artificial grass in the garden that might enhance the home area.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.