Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Thursday, January 8, 2015

After Christmas Winter Decor

Once Christmas is over

Once I have taken all of Christmas down and it's tucked away in its bins for next year, I always enjoy the clean, uncluttered feel. It actually echo's in here! There doesn't seem to be much out there on Pinterest or otherwise to inspire cozy winter decor. So I had to use my own imagination. I wanted a wintery feel, like pinecones and a bit of colorless scape. I haven't completed much yet because of my closet cleaning/purging goals for this month, but here are my entry choices. What's in your entry?
Coffee Filter Wreath
My coffee filter wreath seemed appropriate for the season. A friend gave me the cute note card, I've left it tucked inside the wreath since she sent it to me. I like how it greets you no matter where the wreath is. A bowl of pinecones and a tattered birdhouse stayed with my idea of a natural feel. There on the left is one of my new hobbies. It is a collection of air plants! These are so fun, they even offer up flowers on some varieties. Such a nice surprise when winter is on the "kill" outdoors. I'll warn you though, they are addicting. :) The little iron birds nest dish is a favorite display for this bowl of undemanding plants. 


Displaying Air Plants


1 comment:

  1. I love everything about your entryway decor. I love air plants, too, though I'm afraid mine got packed away (somewhere) when we moved. I may need to start over when we finally get moved into our new home.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.